Joshua Pond is a trial attorney working primarily out of the firm’s Portland office. Having served on various civic boards and worked on various ballot measures and legislative lobbying groups, Joshua tends to take a big picture approach to criminal justice. Joshua also worked for two different District Attorney’s Offices and uses that knowledge and experience to navigate the turbulent waters of the criminal justice system. Joshua’s practice focuses on Criminal Defense and DUII Defense, in counties throughout Oregon. His work has focused on litigation and, as such, he has countless court matters and trials both jury and bench in matters ranging from low level misdemeanors all the way to Measure 11 and homicide matters. Joshua’s expertise in DUII matters lead him to be a contributing writer of OCDLA’s DUII Trial Notebook and to serve on the legislative counsel for OCDLA.
Joshua graduated Magna Cum Laude from St. Edward’s University before pursuing an MA from Fuller Theological Seminary and a JD from Lewis and Clark Law School. Joshua was born and raised in Port Arthur, TX, home to the Super Max Prison the Mark Stiles Unit, which gave him a unique perspective on the realities of the prison system. Joshua is married and father to four children. In his spare time, Joshua is an avid outdoorsman and spends down time writing for the website Nightmare on Film Steet.
Areas of Practice
- Criminal Defense
- DUII Defense
- Attorney at Law, Gilroy Napoli Short Law Group, Portland, Oregon, 2017 – present
- The Law Office of Siefman & Pond, 2014 – 2017
- The Law Office of Joshua Pond, 2010 – 2014
- Corbridge & Short, 2009 – 2010
- Multnomah County District Attorney’s Office, 2008 – 2009
- U.S. District Court for the District of Oregon
Education & Qualifications
- J.D., Lewis and Clark Law School
- M.A., Fuller Theological Seminary
- B.A., St. Edward’s University, Magna Cum Laude